San Francisco Nature Education
- Provides interactive environmental education programs that develop leadership and stewardship in youth and adults. Our school programs, Science and Nature for Underserved Youth, focus on providing educational enrichment to students from underserved communities. We use local parks as natural classrooms to observe local and migratory birds and to provide inspiring and engaging natural experiences. 20,000 students served to date.
- Conducts thirty field trips each year throughout San Francisco.
- Conducts Heron Watch ten Sats. in April, May and June each Spring. Adult volunteers and interns with high powered spotting scopes show the nesting herons and their chicks to the public during a three hour period each Sat. and answer questions.
- Trains middle school and high school students to serve as interns at Herons Head Park during winter migration and Stow Lake during the spring nesting season of the Great Blue Herons. 250 interns trained since 2002.
- Publishes an eBlue Heron Newsletter ten times per year.
Donate now to support our programs by clicking on the link below.
Become a Member/Donate Online